Welcome to your child's year to prepare to receive the sacrament of reconciliation and first communion! Please read through this page prior to filling out the registration form.
1. As soon as possible you must submit the following:
a. The online registration form found at the bottom of this page. (Deadline Oct 15th, 2017)
b. A PHOTOCOPY of your child's baptismal certificate.
c. Your registration fee for BOTH sacraments:
1. $70 One Child
2. $90 Two Children
3. $110 Three or more Children
2. Important Dates:
This year your child will be attending two classes and rehearsal/retreat PER sacrament. For each class there are 3 dates that are options.
Parent Information Night: September 26th OR October 10th, 2017 at 7pm - 8pm
(At least one parent must be in attendance for one of the evenings, children are welcome)
2017/2018 Catechism Class Schedule:
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm - October 24th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm - October 24th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – November 7th
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – November 28th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – November 28th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – December 5th
· Option A – 9:00am- 10:30am – Saturday, January 20th
· Option B – 11:00am – 12:30pm – Saturday, January 20th
Receiving Reconciliation Day– January 23rd - 6:00pm till done
First Communion Classes
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – March 6th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – March 6th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – March 13th
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – April 17th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – April 17th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – April 24th
· Option A – 10:00am – 12:00pm – Saturday, May 12th
· Option B – 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Saturday, May 12th
Receiving First Communion Day
· Option A – Saturday, May 26th at 5:00pm mass
· Option B – Saturday, June 2nd at 5:00pm mass
On the registration form you will be able to choose between three different class/date options per class. It is not a guarantee that you will be placed in the class of your choice. If you have an extraordinary circumstance that prevents you from attending one of the dates, please indicate this in the comments section. Otherwise, spots fill up on a first come first serve basis. Maximum of 35 kids per class.
2. Parental Expectations:
Each parent is requested to volunteer over the course of the year. If you are not able to volunteer during the first half of the year (first reconciliation) it is asked that you volunteer during the second half of the year (first communion). At this time we are in need of:
~ Supervision. At each class and the retreat we need parents to help serve snack, manage crowd control, and assist with crafts.
On the registration form you will be asked to indicate which date you are able to volunteer at.
Lastly, you are the primary educator of your child in the sacraments. The parish and the schools are here to assist you in this process. The classes are meant to supplement what you are already doing, and will be doing, in the home. It is up to the parents to work through the work book alongside their child. Let this be a special time for you. Share from your own experiences and stories. Answer their questions and listen to their joys and struggles.
If for any reason your are struggling with the experience of working through the materials or helping to prepare your child for the sacraments, please contact the parish by phone (780-929-8541) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org), and speak to Michelle about the optional work book classes to assist parents in working through the material with your child.
We are here to help.
Thank you for taking the time to register your child for the sacrament of Reconciliation and/or first Communion.
The registration CLOSED. Please contact Michelle at the office if you need assistance 780-929-8541 ext. 3
Please Note: Once the form is complete you will see a message confirming it has been submitted. If the form remains on the screen and no message displays it is because you are missing a required component. Any mistakes or changes to the registration, please email Michelle. Once you have chosen your dates, please NO CHANGES unless it is extraordinary circumstances. You will receive confirmation of registration via email within a week starting September.