First Reconciliation and First Communion both now happen in grade two. First Reconciliation registration as well as first Communion registration both take place in the fall.
Do you want your child to receive First Reconciliation and First Communion?
Here’s how! Preparing children for a Catholic sacrament is a group effort that involves parents, St. Vital Catholic Parish, your child's School. Everyone has a role!
As a parent, you are the primary teacher of the faith for your child. As you know, the sacraments are celebrated and lived in the parish. Because of this, the preparation for the celebration of the sacraments takes place in the parish. Sacramental preparation registration takes place at the parish, not at the schools. The schools support what takes place in the home and parish and are a place for children to learn about Jesus Christ and develop a relationship with him.
As a parish community we are eager to journey with your family during this very special time.
Registration is CLOSED. Please contact Michelle at the office 780-929-8541 ext. 3
Andrea and Danielle Stack
Youth Core Team
Parent Information Night: September 26th, 2017 OR October 10th at 7pm
(At least one parent must be in attendance for one of the evenings, children are welcome)
2017/2018 Catechism Class Schedule:
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm - October 24th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm - October 24th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – November 7th
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – November 28th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – November 28th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – December 5th
· Option A – 9:00am- 10:30am – Saturday, January 20th
· Option B – 11:00am – 12:30pm – Saturday, January 20th
Receiving Reconciliation Day– January 23rd - 6:00pm till done
First Communion Classes
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – March 6th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – March 6th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – March 13th
· Option A – 5:30pm-6:30pm – April 17th
· Option B – 7:00pm – 8:00pm – April 17th
· Option C – 6:00pm – 7:00pm – April 24th
· Option A – 10:00am – 12:00pm – Saturday, May 12th
· Option B – 1:00pm – 3:00pm – Saturday, May 12th
Receiving First Communion Day
· Option A – Saturday, May 26th at 5:00pm mass
· Option B – Saturday, June 2nd at 5:00pm mass
· Option C – Saturday, June 9th at 5:00pm mass
"We Prepare for Reconciliation," By Francoise Darcy-Berube and Jean-Paul Berube Editors: Gwen Costello an Myrtle Power. Published by Novalis.
This will be provided at the parent information night.
"We Share in the Eucharist," By Francoise Darcy-Berube and Jean-Paul Berube. Editors: Gwen Costello and Myrtle Power. Published by Novalis.
This will be provided at the parents information night.